VK-172 LED Blink changed after AHRS Upgrade?

Please provide the following information:

Hardware:
[x] FlightBox Kit
[  ] FlightBox Assembled (FB1X)
[  ] Generic Stratux

FlightBox / Stratux version: v2.0r1

FlightBox / Stratux build: b827eb1dbd20

Radio Configuration:
[x] Dual Band
[  ] Single Band - US / CA - 978 MHz UAT
[  ] Single Band - International - 1090-ES

GPS Configuration:
[  ] None - Using mobile device's GPS
[  ] Open Flight Solutions Remote GPS
[x] Internal GPS Module (VK-172)  *(**REMOTE MOUNTED TO REMOTE SDR RELOCATION MOUNT USING HEAVY DUTY USB EXTENSION CABLE**)*
[  ] Other:

USB Power Source:
[  ] USB Battery: (Make / Model Here)
[x] Cigarette Lighter Adapter: (Anker from OFS)

USB Cable:
[  ] 3' heavy gauge cable included with FlightBox
[x] Other: (Make / Model / Description Here)

EFB Application name and version: Foreflight 11.7.1, iPad Mini 4 v12.4.1

Please include a detailed description of your issue or question:

Did the upgrade to AHRS/FW v.1.45.r5 and then FW v.2.01r1 on my FlightBox affect the LED blink rate on the VK-172? It blinks a few times on power up of the flightbox and then never blinks again…

Last year, I upgraded my FlightBox to AHRS and upgraded my FW to v1.45r5 at that time which also incidentally was a beta firmware version. After the upgrade…I started noticing that the green LED on my remotely mounted VK-172 GPS started acting differently.

Before the AHRS upgrade, the LED would blink continuously when my FB was powered up and had a clear view of the sky. After the AHRS upgrade the LED blinks a few times upon power up and then never blinks again.

I brought the FB home tonight to check for FW updates and installed v2.0r1 through the flightbox utility app on my ipad mini. After that update, I noticed that the LED operated the same as with firmware v1.45r5 beta…it would blink a few times upon powerup and then never blink again.

I verified that the external VK-172 gps was being used by opening up the utility app and navigating to the settings/gps-ahrs tab and unplugging the gps and seeing the satellites drop out. Plugged the gps back in and the satellites would return. I would also put my thumb over the square gps antenna mounted to the gps pcb board and again the satellites would go away. Why were these tests important?..I wanted to verify that my satellite signal was not being generated by my iPad mini. I also wanted to make sure my external gps was working properly which I used to verify by seeing a constantly blinking green LED!

Has anyone noticed this after doing the AHRS upgrade?