Remote Antenna Suction Cup Screws

Please provide the following information:

Hardware:
[ X ] FlightBox Kit
[  ] FlightBox Assembled (FB1X)
[  ] Generic Stratux

FlightBox / Stratux version: (e.g. "v0.8r2" or "v1.0r1") v1.0r1

FlightBox / Stratux build: (e.g. "db130aab76")

Radio Configuration:
[ X ] Dual Band
[  ] Single Band - US / CA - 978 MHz UAT
[  ] Single Band - International - 1090-ES

GPS Configuration:
[  ] None - Using mobile device's GPS
[ X ] Open Flight Solutions Remote GPS
[  ] Internal GPS Module (VK-172)
[  ] Other:

USB Power Source:
[ X ] USB Battery: (Make / Model Here)
[  ] Cigarette Lighter Adapter: (Make / Model Here)

USB Cable:
[  ] 3' heavy gauge cable included with FlightBox
[  ] Other: (Make / Model / Description Here)

EFB Application name and version:

Please include a detailed description of your issue or question: I’ve used my FlightBox a several times now, and I really like the remote antenna mount. However, I’m having issues with the screws staying in the suction cups, and I’m curious if anyone else is. I made sure not to over tighten them when I put them together. I think that a different type of screw needs to be provided; one designed for plastic. I believe those screws generally have a blunt end, and the screw threads are deeper, and do not taper much towards the end. The taper seems to be the main issue. Given how short the screws have to be, it doesn’t leave much “full depth” threads available for holding. If I come across a more appropriate screw, I’ll post the specs.

I’ve had a few others report similar issues. The simplest solution is to put a drop of super glue in the pilot hole in the cup. That seems to keep the screw in place. The rubber-on-cyanoacrylate bond will probably allow you to undo the screw later if you need.