Is anyone besides me running Flightview Now?

I have some observations, questions about how other peoples installations are working for them. I am running a pre-release version of 3.0 and may be the only one running it. My earlier version had some autopilot interface issues which this seems to resolve for the most part, but the North Up function is not working on this version but did work on the earlier version.
Ed

No replies on the query, whether anyone else out there has any Flightview experience or news? I see nothing new on the website and have not heard anything from anyone on Flightview progress toward an actual release from Beta status. Anyone?
Ed

Well thats sad!..Hello Steve??

I did message steve and he has been quite busy and has plans for approach coupling making instrument approaches. Assured me all is well. He has been caught up in supply chain issues to complete pc boards and doesn’t want to be caught with a bunch of orders he can’t fill. Prefers to wait until parts receipt is assured.
Ed

Great news! Thanks for the feedback.
I’m still working on my panel and engine refurb, but getting closer to firing it up. Finishing the plumbing and wiring…weekend warrior unfortunately.
Hey is there a FB group or something where we can get notifications? I didn’t see this til now.

1 Like

Hi Ed,
I have been using Flightview since my first flight with it on 12/04/2020. I just came across this forum. Glad others are using Falken, thought maybe I was the only one. I think I have instigated several updates because of problems I have had. I still have some issues I wish Steve would address, but overall I am happy with the way the system functions. I have 139 hour using the system.

Ken Woodraska
RV-6
N1150S

1 Like

Ken are you using the engine monitor? I have it but not using it yet. I am using my old GRT efis and the EIS system for now.
Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes I am using the engine monitor. I went from analog gauges so I appreciate the alarms and warnings from the flightview. Actually the engine monitor was the main reason I went with the Flightview system.

If you do start using it, note your temps and pressures from the EIS to compare them to the flightview. My CHT temps barely get over 325f with an O-360 on climb and run about 260f in cruise, LOP @ 2350 RPM. My buddy thinks they are too low for a 360 and I don’t have analog numbers to compare them to. I do have one E-mag and one Surefly.

Ken W

I have full engine monitoring with the GRT efis I have which is why thus far not putting in my Flightview monitor. I have an RV9A with 160 HP O320. Your cyl head temps are similar to mine. I have an oil cooler restriction valve I can control just to get my oil temp up to 180 in cool wx when LOP. I have a lot of time instructing in a 6A, great airplane…

I have asked Steve to increase the font size on Flightview. Difficult to make out airport IDs, etc.

1 Like

Glad our temps are the same. My buddy says 360s run hotter than 320s. I overhauled my 360 2 years ago and have 208 hobbs hours on it, runs great.

Yea, I told Steve about a year ago about font. He’s pry not gonna do anything about it unless more people bug him about it. Glad you did. He is trying to add new programming when he has basic issues he should be working on.

I read a post yesterday about guys systems not connecting. One tried to email Steve with no response and gave up on Flightview. I let them know the only way I ever get through to Steve is with his Trouble ticket.

It took me 4 trouble tickets, over pry 6 months, basically drawing pictures, explaining to Steve there were no AWOS channels in his COMM menus. He finally got the picture.

I do like the system though. I live in IA and have been to Denver twice, Nashville, North Carolina and many other places. The Flightview has always performed well, still needs us to keep after Steve to make it better.

We all need flightview to succeed.

Ken

1 Like

Agreed Steve needs to succeed with this endeavor. I certainly wish him success with it. Besides the font issue, I would like to see the ability to insert a waypoint in a plan like rubberbanding. As it is the plan must be entered in order. Also, on a long trip where there are gas stops, the plan is lost when power is turned off and must be re-entered for the next leg. It will be interesting to see if he is at Oshkosh again to discuss some of these issues.
Ed

I have always been a one leg at a time guy myself, pry because of the way my older Digitrak overflies and turns back to the next leg.

I just played with flightplan. Get to the flightplan and quick touch the leg you want to insert a waypoint and a new menu will pop up. It would be nice to have memory to save flightplans until they are completed.

Are you able to get METAR information when you touch an airport? I have not been able to get that information. I do receive ADSB traffic and radar, but not METAR info. That is why I kept bugging Steve about AWOS channels. I am using a flightaware 978/1090 filter, because Steve would not get back to me when I wanted to purchase one of his filters.

Ken

If you mean can I get wx from airports that report wx then yes. I cannot actually get the published metar. I dont see a choice for that anywhere

Forgot one question. I do get the frequencies for Awos clearance delivery, ground, etc

HI Ken.
Those are nice temperatures!..if correct.
Have you tried testing the probes?
Boiling water or a heat gun and infrared thermometer are one way…there are others I’m sure.

I should verify them in some way. I guess i’m not too concerned about it because the plugs look great every time I clean them at Condition. When I turn on the Flightview, with the engine off, CHTs and EGTs all match the OAT. I will connect an analog CHT gauge to a probe when it gets warmer. It wont be hard to do from inside the cockpit with the Flightview EMS.

Hope you are flying or getting close.

Ken

1 Like