[X] Open Flight Solutions Remote GPS
[  ] Internal GPS Module (VK-172)
[  ] Other:

USB Power Source:
[  ] USB Battery: (Make / Model Here)
[X] Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Anker PowerDrive 2

USB Cable:
[X] 3' heavy gauge cable included with FlightBox
[  ] Other: (Make / Model / Description Here)

EFB Application name and version: Avare 

Detailed description of your issue or question: 

I’ve installed Avare on my Galaxy Tab S2. It runs but I never see any ADS-B weather or traffic. What am I doing wrong?

Avare is a bit weird. Unlike other EFB applications that include support for ADS-B directly, Avare uses a “plugin” application that bridges between the ADS-B receiver and the app. To use Avare with FlightBox:

1. Install the “Avare External I/O Plugin” from the Google Play store.
  2. Connect to your FlightBox’s wifi network.
  3. Launch the Plugin app.
  4. From the top drop-down (to the right of the word “Bluetooth”), select the “WIFI” option.
  5. In the Wifi configuration screen edit the numeric Port value to be 4000.
  6. Tap the “Listen” check-box.

This should activate the plugin. You should begin to see messages from the FlightBox scroll in the black space below the configuration. Now you can return to the home screen and launch Avare. It should begin displaying ADS-B data.

You will need to launch the Plugin and check the Listen box every time you want to use Avare.

If you have multiple EFB apps and want to switch from Avare to the other app, be sure to kill the plugin prior to launching the new app. If you don’t, the plugin will continue to “own” port 4000 and the new app won’t receive anything.

I found the whole exercise required by Avare to be time consuming and still had the “link” drop out after a while. I elected to uninstall Avare and downloaded the Naviator App.