Boot Sequence for IPad and Flightview

When I start up the plane, I normally leave everything off except master and boost pump, then after the engine is running turn on everything. My Ipads are connected to chargers which are ON whenever the master is on. Consequently the Ipads boot up immediately when the master turns on. The FlightboxPro and ADC then turn on when I turn on the avionics master.

Many times the Ipads will not clear the red Xs even after minutes of engine warm up prior to taxi. It seems much more likely to happen if I have the Wifi turned off so the ethernet is the communication scheme between Flightbox and Ipad. I find it necessary to cycle the avionics master switch to cause the Flightbox and ADC to reboot, then all works as intended.

Has anyone else run into this and if so have you resolved it?

The sequence I typically use is as follows:

1. Master on.
  2. Start the engine.
  3. Power on the avionics.
  4. Wait until you see the TruTrak indicating “GPS OK” or at least “No Fix” - this means the FDC is up and running.
  5. Wake up the iPad.
  6. Launch the app.

Version 3.2 (currently in beta, due out in mid October) has a significantly improved connection time.

Since replacing the Ethernet adapter with the Belkin Ethernet adapter, boot sequence simply doesn’t matter. The connection occurs reliably every time.